I wasn't surprised by the reddit/blogger controversies stirred up by Sam. He spent so much of the podcast bemoaning the violence of Antifa protesters! I was thrown off, though, when he complained about how wacky the left is. Because I thought he was saying that "the left" = "Antifa".
It took me a while, but I figured out that he was really complaining about "the mainstream media" coverage of the event. How those lefties did not take to task the violent thuggishness of Antifa. The fact that NPR, CNN and NYT refuse to condemn the violence makes them--he says--look biased and cowardly. And I agree--look on the Internet for coverage of the Antifa thugs, and the only critical coverage you'll find are from screwball right-wingers. The left is, as Sam points out, suffering from severe whataboutism.
As for the main podcast itself, it really was good, but didn't teach me anything new. I'm sure we'd all rather have an AI looking at our radiology than a human, I don’t think this is controversial. I don't remember anything interesting coming out of the conversation that I hadn't already heard with the possible exception of this one horrible irony:
Medicine in the US is remarkable--unique, maybe--for its pernicious overtreatment to the point of harm done to the wealthy... an evil exceeded only by its callous undertreatment of the poor.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your interest in posting a comment on this blog. If you can keep it civil, it will show up here as fast as we can get to it.