Official podcast notes:
In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Anil Seth about the scientific study of consciousness, where consciousness emerges in nature, levels of consciousness, perception as a “controlled hallucination,” emotion, the experience of “pure consciousness,” consciousness as “integrated information,” measures of “brain complexity,” psychedelics, different aspects of the “self,” conscious AI, and many other topics.
In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Anil Seth about the scientific study of consciousness, where consciousness emerges in nature, levels of consciousness, perception as a “controlled hallucination,” emotion, the experience of “pure consciousness,” consciousness as “integrated information,” measures of “brain complexity,” psychedelics, different aspects of the “self,” conscious AI, and many other topics.
I have to admit that this episode was not terribly appealing to me. I don’t buy Sam’s theory of the lack of free will. And the “controlled hallucination” idea is trivially true and uninteresting.
So I don’t recommend this podcast to any except the truest fan.
So I don’t recommend this podcast to any except the truest fan.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your interest in posting a comment on this blog. If you can keep it civil, it will show up here as fast as we can get to it.